You can help end live export in Australia. Call on the Agriculture Minister and Shadow Agriculture Minister to support a phase out of the cruel live export trade.
End live animal export
- Millions of our sheep and cattle suffer unnecessarily during live export because of the unbearable conditions on board.
- The extreme stress, illness and injury the animals endure can go on for journeys of up to 35 days.
- Thousands of animals die in transit. Many of those that survive the journey are handled roughly at their destination, killed while fully conscious and too many suffer outright brutality.
- Moving from live export to the chilled and frozen meat trade will protect millions of animals from needless suffering.
- Independent research shows that this more humane alternative will protect Australian farmers, the economy and create new jobs.
- This alternative is achievable and consistent with the responsibilities of government.
Despite many years of public opposition and calls for change, Australia remains a significant player in the cruel live export industry.
You can do one more thing to help Australian animals by using our forms below to contact Australian Agriculture Minister David Littleproud, and the Shadow Agriculture Minister Julie Collins, to demand the major parties take a stand against live export.
Please use these templates as a guide only – be sure to add your own thoughts and ideas as personalised emails will have a greater impact on the relevant Ministers.