Eating plant based meals
Consuming more plant-based protein and fewer animal products can have a big impact on your health, the planet and farm animal welfare.
Plant-based meals are packed with the necessary proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals from fruits, veggies, nuts, and legumes.
Not only are they healthy and delicious, but also sustainable, and kinder to animals and the environment.
You should consider switching to plant-based meals because:
- the essential nutrients in fruits, vegetables, legumes, and nuts are vital for your body and are rarely found in other foods
- the vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and antioxidants in plant-based foods help keep your cells healthy and your body balanced so that your immune system can function at its best
- you can also help contribute to transitioning to a low-emission, sustainable, and cruelty-free food system by choosing plant protein over meat protein.
Going fully plant-based may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. You can start reaping the above-mentioned benefits by simply committing to eating less meat.
Kinder fast food options
Call on KFC to offer kinder menu options
KFC is one of the most recognisable fast-food restaurants in Australia but it’s lagging behind its competitors – and KFC stores in other countries - by not offering any plant-based meal items on their menu.
In our Protein Switch report, we evaluated nine major fast-food restaurants in Australia and the plant-based meal options they provide. Seven of these chains offer a main plant protein option, and we’d like to applaud them for this commitment.
However, one of Australia’s most popular brands fell behind. KFC has over 700 stores across Australia and no plant protein option on their menu. By not offering an ethical option, KFC is denying its customers the choice to opt for a less cruel, healthier and more environmentally friendly alternative.
Plant Protein Challenge
Join the Plant Protein Challenge
You can easily reduce your carbon footprint and make an enormous difference to our planet by joining our super easy Plant Protein Challenge, which is not an all-or-nothing approach.
Instead, it eases you into incorporating more plant-based meals into your diet.
All you have to do is commit to swapping meat for plant-based protein for as little as three days a week for ten weeks, and we’ll support you every step of the way while you’re at it.
Join our #PlantProteinChallenge now to receive the following:
- A free plant protein starter kit
- Quick, tasty and nutritious recipes to make at home (in less than 30 minutes)
- Support from our plant protein experts to ensure you hit your protein goals
- An online community of challenge participants to share meal ideas and to help keep you motivated
So, what’re you waiting for? Sign up and prepare to make a huge difference in the lives of animals, your overall health and the planet we call home.