Factory farming is the largest source of animal cruelty in the world
But fast food chains and supermarkets would rather you didn’t know that
Forget the slogans. Forget the catchy jingles. Forget the clever advertising. Businesses are exploiting and abusing animals on a staggering scale for the sake of profit.
Experience life on a factory farm
[CONTENT WARNING] Put headphones on and watch our video to experience the disorienting horror of life on a factory farm.
This is cruelty
Change for Chickens
On World Food Day, October 16, we handed-in our Change for Chickens petition to KFC. 513,000 of you signed to urge the fast food chain to improve life for its chickens – thank you! Sign up to our newsletter below to get updates on KFC's response.
We've already begun constructive conversation with KFC, and will ensure that any of its commitments make a truly positive difference for chickens.
Sign up to our newsletter
The scale of suffering caused by factory farming is truly astounding:
- 40 billion chickens are subjected to overcrowded factory farms every year
- Many will have a space smaller than a piece of paper to live in, in barns crammed with up to 10,000 chickens
- They will spend most of their lives sitting or lying in their own waste
- Piglets on factory farms have their teeth clipped or ground and tails cut off
- Three out of four mother pigs are confined to cages the size of a fridge