About World Animal Protection
Every day billions of animals experience unbearable suffering. At World Animal Protection we move the world to protect animals because the life of every animal counts.
We’re a global animal welfare organisation and have been campaigning for over 50 years to end animal cruelty and suffering.
Right now, we’re prioritising issues where change can transform the lives of the greatest number of animals in communities, on farms, in the wild and after disasters.
Though the challenge is great, our determination is greater.
What we do:
- We end the needless suffering of animals
- We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda
- We help the world see how important animals are to all of us
- We inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better
- We move the world to protect animals.
Join us and together, we move the world to protect animals.
Our global movement of animal protectors
For 55 years we’ve been protecting animals in the wild, on farms, in communities and from disasters. From the boardrooms of large corporations to the frontline of the wildlife trade, our supporters help us create better lives for all animals.
Here are just some of the things our incredible supporters have helped us achieve:
- 558,000 supporters moved TripAdvisor and more than 200 other travel companies to end their promotion of cruel elephant attractions.
- 513,000 supporters moved KFC to improve chicken welfare in the United Kingdom and six European countries.
- 1.6 million rabies vaccinations protected dogs from this deadly disease across Asia and Africa
- Ending bear dancing in India, Turkey, Greece and most recently Nepal by working with local partners.
- 188,000 supporters moved Turkish Airlines to stop transporting African grey parrots out of the Congo.