"Egg"-Less Salad Sandwich recipe
Tofu is a go-to ingredient for those looking to find the fuel to perform. A complete protein that plays well with a range of flavours and other ingredients, it’s a great addition to your ingredients list.
This is a great example of what tofu can do for you – a simple yet satisfying sandwich packed with nutrition and flavour.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- ½ pack of firm tofu
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu with your hands.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegan mayo, mustard and salt, then add to the tofu and mix well.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the tofu mixture onto each piece of toast.
- Top the toast with tomato slices and chives, and finish with a sprinkle of black pepper.