End live animal export
- Millions of our sheep and cattle suffer unnecessarily during live export because of the unbearable conditions on board.
- The extreme stress, illness and injury the animals endure can go on for journeys of up to 35 days.
- Thousands of animals die in transit. Many of those that survive the journey are handled roughly at their destination, killed while fully conscious and too many suffer outright brutality.
- Moving from live export to the chilled and frozen meat trade will protect millions of animals from needless suffering.
- Independent research shows that this more humane alternative will protect Australian farmers, the economy and create new jobs.
- This alternative is achievable and consistent with the responsibilities of government.
Help end this cruel trade
Find out who your MP is and write to them.